A tale about the importance of respecting and protecting our ocean wildlife with the “liberangels” attempting to save the sea urchins!
Available printed on algae paper in English (19€), and uploadable in French and English (9€) here: https://www.store.eco-mer.com/
In Cannes, the sea is blue, the sky is blue, the chairs are blue, and the sea quality flag is blue. But where are the sea urchins? Where are the mussels that used to be found on all the rocks in our youth? And where have all the fish gone to? Because all the world’s oceans are suffering from the same fate, Eco-Mer has teamed up with the author Ali Pocene, the illustrator May Glen, & the Scientific Council of Cannes Lerins Islands to create a great children’s story about respecting our oceans.
About the NGO ECO-MER
Help us change the world into a better place with our children’s book “Where is the sea urchin family?” A tale about the importance of respecting and protecting our ocean wildlife with the “liberangels“!
ECO-MER association is a French Riviera marine humanitarian and environmental NGO, based in the city of Cannes, world-famous for its Film Festival.
We have organized charity aid collections with boaters, seafarers, and marine professionals since 2010 via numerous Yachts du Coeur events that have seen us bring tons of aid to people in need in the world. After having organized 7 marine forums during 3 years in partnership with the city of Cannes, we have recently publicized the “Ten commandments of the boater in the bay of Cannes” which tells boaters to be “caring for the others as well as for the environment, and vigilant for the security of everyone”, when they navigate in our seas.
Our aim is to raise the marine level of consciousness, so that people become responsible themselves for the environment, and caring for the others…
To change the world, you have to begin by changing yourself first so we’ve now come up with a great new project. A children’s book. Because any sensible parent teaching their children about the environment and wildlife will want to do the same thing as they are telling them to do! The author Ali Pocene and the Illustrator May Glen are both active members of ECO-MER. The heroes of the book are the Liberangels who take every opportunity to spread the good word of protecting our marine environment!
About the Scientific Council of the Cannes Lerins Islands
The Scientific Council of the Cannes Lerins Islands (CSIL) aims to promote scientific knowledge in the field of protection and preservation of the Cannes Lérins Islands, Méditerranean sea and oceans, particularly through research and promotion activities.
In the marine environment as well as in fresh coastal waters, its action aims to evaluate the effects of humans and the pollution it generates on these environments.
The association is also involved in advisory and animation activities for all public on environmental issues.
- Members :
Mr. Patrice Francour, Marine biology full professor at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis
Mrs. Françoise Loques, Doctor in Marine Biology from the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, CSIL Director.
Mr François Galgani, IFREMER, (French Research Institute for the Exploitation of the Sea) In charge of the environmental laboratory of IFREMER, Toulon, PACA Méditerranean sea and 8 other members, all passionate about protecting the sea and the oceans.
Overfishing and unspoken pollutions!
- In Cannes, the sea is blue, the sky is blue, the chairs are blue, and the sea quality flag is blue. But the reality is very different! Where are the sea urchins?
Where are the mussels that used to be found on all the rocks in our youth?
And furthermore. Where have all the fish gone to?
Well I’m sure you can guess that alright. Despite all the positive environmental efforts made by the city in recent years, decades of unconscious overfishing and unspoken pollution have taken their toll on what sea life abundance used to be like 50 years ago. Unfortunately, this is also true for all the oceans of the world that are suffering from the same effects of overfishing and pollution. BUT! Our magical Liberangels , the heros of our first children’s book vow to put an end to that !
Our project :
- ECOMER of Cannes, the author Ali Pocene, the illustrator May Glen, and the oceanography scientists from the Scientific Council of the Cannes Lerina Islands (CSIL) have teamed up to create a great children’s story printed with vegetable-ink on 100% recycled paper. A tale about the importance of respecting and protecting our ocean wildlife with the “liberangels”.
Our needs and your benefits
- We need every “liberangel” that you too could become, to help us raise funds, communicate, translate, print, and distribute this book throughout the world so that adults educate children about oceans and wildlife, as well as educate themselves at the same time.
- As a “liberangel“, for every 19€ you donate, you will get one “Where is the sea urchin family?” children’s book signed by the author and the president of Eco-Mer association, dedicated to you in person. A generous discount on quantity purchase is also offered to you to thank you for being a “liberangel“.
- Our ambition is immense, and if we do not reach our target, we should at least be able to translate our children’s book into one other language.